Monday, August 22, 2005

I don't know what is wrong with me

I couldn't hold on to anything tonight, even if ya glued it to me. I came home covered from head to toe in syrup and mocha powder. I had coffee stains on my SOCKS.

Let's recount my evening closing.

5:30 - (Half an hour after signing in) I drop a pitcher full of milk. (About 3/4 gallon.) You would not believe the blast radius of a half-gallon milk explosion.

6:15 - I knock a pitcher full of beverage base (that white junk we put in cream based frappuchinos) into the sink.

7:30 - I bump a blender pitcher which is set up with a Venti (24 ounce) mint mocha chip frappuchino. It hits the floor.

7:45 - A whip cream canister slips out of my hands

8:30 - A co-worker drops a cup full of chai syrup down her shirt (I think it may be contagious.)

9:00 - While pouring fresh skim into a pitcher, I get splashed in the face. Not a little splash. A BIG SPLASH. It goes in my ear, down my shirt... and eventually down the front of my pants.

10:15 - Trying to close. I Dump half a bag of mocha powder. I was tipping it to put it in the metal container, but instead most of it flies all over the store.

I handled the mop more times tonight than I think I have in the entire year I've worked at the Bux.

I got home and collapsed on an arm chair.

The dog came to greet me, sniffing all over as usual. She licked the syrup, powder, coffee etc from my shoes, and the whip from the bottoms of my pants.

I stood up to go upstairs, turned around to collect my belongings, and the dog started to lick my butt. Ew.

When I felt back there, ahem... and I realized I had congealed syrup of some kind ALL OVER MY TRUNK!

I went to take a shower and had to PEEL my clothing from my body- I had that much syrup on me.

We had all our asshole customers in one day for some reason. We must have put a sign on the door that says "Assholes get free coffee today".

...why the hell do people insist on swarming restaurants fifteen minutes before they close?
I had to bust my Kung-Fu and kick everyone out.

I am SO not looking forward to tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home