Friday, September 09, 2005

Sometimes...

I really hate people. Specifically the over privileged assholes who come into my store.

Anyway, what brought this on was the whole Katrina mess. We, at Starbucks, are able to take donations for the Red Cross at our registers by ringing it in as a transaction. Every penny of the donations go to the Katrina survivors.

Some six-figure-three-inch-dick-head made some comment, as loudly as he could, so that everyone in the store could hear him- "I wouldn't give a cent to those idiots. It's not like they didn't have any warning."

I just stood there stunned, looking at the guy. He had his money in his hand, and was ready to go, but I couldn't function immediately. I had to say something.

As politely as my surely-ass attitude would allow, I pointed out that many of the evacuees were single mothers with children. Most of the people living in the shelters had a median income of 11,000/year. That is next to nothing! How were these people, who were most likely living check to check anyway supposed to leave? Were they going to get a motel room? How were they going to pay for the gas to get there? How were they going to feed themselves after they left their 5/hr jobs?

Count your blessings, dick head.

3 Comments:

Blogger gail said...

You Go Girl! That man sounded like a real asshole.

10:13 AM  
Blogger BurnTheFat said...

Starbucks attracts these types. It is why I never go there anymore. That and the coffee now sucks and is horribly overpriced.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

That guy sounds like a bloody twunt.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home