Monday, September 19, 2005

New study shows...

I hate one out of every ten Starbucks customers.

Today some tragically daft young lady stood in front of my register for a good three minutes while sizing up the pastry case.
She turned and said to her equally daft friend "Do you think those muffins have carbs in them?" I bit my tongue. Her friend said: "I dunno, ask them." Daft girl #1 turned back to me, blinked and said: "Um...do those muffins, like, have any carbs in them?"
I paused for a moment, considered my response and said (with a straight face) "no... no carbs in those muffins." She ordered two.

5 Comments:

Blogger /T/ said...

hmmm muffins without carbs, did they get a non-fat-latte with extra whipcream too?

11:19 PM  
Blogger web_loafer said...

That was my wife and mother-in-law.
And they told me they left a hefty tip for such good service. They only pretended to be slow, because they thought you were a hunk, and had to stare at you as long as they could.

1:00 AM  
Blogger abbiapple said...

A hunk? I'm 5'3, 115lbs and have too many boobs to be a hunk. You must have the wrong barista.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha people are soooooo STUPID!! I understand gluten free questions, but seriously....If Dr Atkins were not already dead I'd love to give him an ass-whooping!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Matt Butcher said...

Hilarious!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home