Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Customer Relations

This actually happened long before I burnt out and had to take a vacation (for three months).

I was working the bar ALONE during a rush. This is actually pretty difficult.
You have to be organized, be able to think fast, plan ahead, and multi-task.

I have a hard enough time brushing my teeth and looking in the mirror at the same time.

Anyway,
I had a line of five or six drinks that needed skim milk, and one venti hot chocolate (with whole milk).

As I was stressing to get all seven drinks finished in a minute and a half, I mistakenly poured skim milk into the dude's hot chocolate.

Not even a second after I poured the milk, I realized that I had made a mistake and went to remark the cup and start over.

As I was marking the new cup, the customer, who was hovering over the bar, said with a very bitchy attitude "I saw you pour skim into that cup. You had better not try and give me that crap."
I apologized and commented that I was a little stressed and brainless that day.
He said "Well, Starbucks obviously has no problem hiring morons."

I didn't look up, but I replied:
"Why? Are you looking for a job?"

The man left without taking his drink.

Whatever. F him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl said...

Hi. I just tried sending you a message at abbiapple@yahoo.com, but it bounced back. (I got the impression that that was your email address...) At any rate, you apparently posted a message on someone’s blog (http://starbucksgossip.typepad.com/_/2005/07/starbucks_copyc.html) about the fake Starbuck’s in Tbilisi being gone. Are you sure? Can you give me any details? Did lawyers from Seattle have anything to do with it?

I hope you’ll let me know.


Karl Rahder

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home